Not a member? Register now.
AutoShopperBlog

The Latest News And Reviews
Throughout The Car Industry

Bad Driving: Where Do They Grow You People?

Comments: Leave | View
On: Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 5:48PM | By: Clay Ritchings

Bad Driving: Where Do They Grow You People?

If you spend enough time on the road you will see drivers involved in all sorts of behaviors from applying makeup, doing hair, eating a Dagwood, watching a DVD, changing clothes, and some unmentionable things. The other day I was driving to work and noticed the person in the lane next to me reading while they were driving, Yes, reading a book while driving, not a map, not a scrap of paper with a note on it, but a freaking book. Looking back I wish I could have gotten a glimpse at the cover or at least the author because that must have been a great book if the driver could not peel his eyes away from it to run to the grocery store. I am jealous; I have not read a book that gripping in a long time!

Hey idiot! where you cramming for a test and just wanted to get a quick refresher on your way to school? I doubt it, because if you are that stupid to put your face in a book while driving a 2500lb missile at 55 mph, you're obviously lacking enough intelligence to make it to any higher education. It’s bad enough when I see cars careening around on the highway only to see the driver staring at their cell phones, but this person has confirmed my theory that many more people on the road have gene pools doused with chlorine. I know that I may be sounding “Old School” but I hate text messaging and I really can’t stand the people that stay glued to their phone pounding those little keys all the time.

While searching on the web for this post, I realized that this chromozonically-challenged person was not alone; it appears that they have been breeding and infecting our society, just like invasion of the body snatchers, where one day you are a normal driver and then overnight, you become a blithering idiot. Maybe like in the movie “The Invasion” while returning to Earth, the space shuttle brings an alien virus that recodes the human DNA and the only person who can save us all is Nicole Kidman?

Recently lawmakers introduced the Distracted Driving Prevention Act of 2009. Lawmakers seek to ban texting while driving, which will include using a PDA, checking e-mail on a BlackBerry or manipulating a GPS unit with your hand. So we will soon begin hearing anti-texting-while-driving messages from all corners from schoolteachers, government agencies, and your cellphone company alike, but I am afraid that the invasion of these blithering idiots has gone unchecked for far too long and they are now impervious to the PSAs. These mutants are around you every day; take a look around you at the traffic light, they are there, waiting, biding there time until the day that they can infect you and make you as stupid as they are . . . you have been warned!

Photo Gallery (click a thumbnail to enlarge)

Comments

gator done | 3:19PM (Thu, Nov 5, 2009)

First off unmentionable things. What is wrong with unmentionable things? If you get in a wreck you will more than likely die with a smile on your face.

Ahhh and reading a book. Such a lost art They say reading is fundamental. One child in four grows up not knowing how to read. That is so sad We need to teach our children how to read at an early stage in their development. Now driving while reading not such a good idea. Matter of fact it could be quite dangerous. I mean what if you lose your place in the book?

I really agree with you on texting. I HATE TEXTING It takes me 20 minutes to type its time to come home to my son. Kids today text so fast. Handwriting fell to the waist side when computers became popular. With texting soon we wont have to talk to people anymore. Which might be a good thing there are a few people I could go my entire life not talking to again

Maybe like in the movie The Invasion while returning to Earth the space shuttle brings an alien virus that recodes the human DNA and the only person that can save us all is Nicole Kidman?
I never saw the movie so I cant comment on it but being saved by Nicole Kidman wouldnt be so bad. She is HOT

The Distracted Driving Prevention Act of 2009 why not? Maybe they will get off my ass about smoking I cant smoke anywhere anymore my government wants to stop me from having an abortion. If I have a live in lover of the opposite sex we cannot get married or get insurance. I cant even have sexual relations with a porcupine. So why not make a law to where I cant do anything but drive in a car. The government controls everything else

Whatever happened to common sense? Like you said people are just plain IDIOTS Ive done stupid stuff while driving but I have enough common sense to know that reading texting putting on makeup and even doing the unmentionable things can kill me if I do them while Im driving. Did you know that there is a law that states it is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a vehicle? Reading while driving wouldnt you get more out of the book if you were home sitting in the recliner? Putting on makeup geesh get up 5 minutes early and do it before you get in the car. And the unmentionable things if you have to do it in a car find a place to park There are still a few orange groves in my town you might get stuck in the sand but at least you will have a smile on your face first and you havent killed anyone on the interstate We all have blindfolds on we all think we are invincible.

A handful of common sense is worth a bushel of learning. William James
So before you get behind the wheel and do anything besides driving you need to go back inside and get the common sense you left on the counter. If you dont.You might not enjoy the lesson you learn by not paying attention to the road ahead

imwithcoco | 4:18PM (Thu, Nov 5, 2009)

wow next time write a novel

• imwithcoco

gator done | 4:56PM (Thu, Nov 5, 2009)

Call me Ishmael. Some years ago never mind how long precisely having little or no money in my purse and nothing particular to interest me on shore I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation. Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth whenever it is a damp drizzly November in my soul whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouses and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street and methodically knocking people's hats off then I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can. This is my substitute for pistol and ball. With a philosophical flourish Cato throws himself upon his sword I quietly take to the ship. There is nothing surprising in this. If they but knew it almost all men in their degree some time or other cherish very nearly the same feelings towards the ocean with me......

• gator done

imwithcoco | 5:13PM (Thu, Nov 5, 2009)

nice

• imwithcoco

RoadKill | 5:34PM (Thu, Nov 5, 2009)

I was on my way home for lunch when I noticed a beetle riding my ass with a young girl driving and guess what she was doing...texting when I glanced back in the rear view she was 1/2 way into the oncoming lane nearly going head on with another car until she looked up and yanked the wheel sharply to get the car back in the right lane we are doomed the infection is inevitable

gator done | 1:47PM (Mon, Nov 9, 2009)

Here's Your Sign!

Driving home Friday after work I am behind this car at a red light as soon as it turns green the car heads into on coming traffic. She realizes she is going the wrong way and jerks the car into the the right hand lane. We are now traveling south on 2 lanes I am in the right hand lane she is in the left. Luckily I was about 2 car lengths behind this car because she was swerving real bad In my lane in her lane onto the median. THIS WOMAN HAS GOT TO BE DRUNK! This went on for about 4 minutes with her swerving everywhere. I decided to pass her and when I did I looked into her car and the woman had a cat in a crate in the front seat of her car and she was playing with it.
UNBELIEVABLE!
I was shocked I would have sworn this woman was drunk.
For all those women out there driving wait until you get home before you start playing with your .....
Let's ALL arrive alive!

Leave A Commment

Allowed HTML tags: <a href=""> <abbr title=""> <b> <em> <i>
Please no link dropping, no keywords or domains as names; do not spam, and do not advertise! rel="nofollow" is in use

Captcha